- juice ½ lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 6 tbsp light mayonnaise
- small bunch dill, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, halved and thinly sliced
Like Marmite, fennel is something that you either love or hate - its strong aniseed flavour…
- ½ cucumber, peeled lengthways into ribbons
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 40g bag watercress leaves
With deep green leaves, and crisp, paler stems, watercress is related to mustard and is one of…
- 200g pack peppered hot smoked salmon fillet
Mix together the lemon juice, mayonnaise, a little of the dill and some seasoning, then spoon into a ramekin. In a large bowl, mix together the remaining dill, fennel and cucumber, season, then drizzle over the vinegar and oil.
Put the watercress on 2 plates and top with the fennel salad. Flake the salmon on the side and serve with the lemon mayo.