Best fluffy basmati rice ever
Member recipe by kukskitchen
This is by far the best no-hazzle recipe for fluffy rice which I use, combining traditional mum-taught measures with easy tips to suit the busy life I've got.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- In a microwavable bowl add 1 cup rice and 2 cups water.
- Cook at full power for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Cover with a tight lid and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and you've got the best non sticky rice ever.
- A few options to flavour-up your rice: - 1/4 tsp salt or -1 tsp left over curry paste or -1 tbsp tomato chutney for tomato rice