- 4 tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce
Part of the capsicum family, chillies come in scores of varieties and colours (from green…
- zest 1 lime and 2 tbsp juice
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 1 tsp fish sauce
A seasoning often used in Vietnamese and Thai cooking. In Vietnam it is usually made from shrimp…
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, separated into leaves
- 2 carrots, cut into thin batons
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 10 radishes, sliced
The root of a member of the mustard family, radishes have a peppery flavour and a crisp, crunchy…
- 4 spring onions, cut on the diagonal
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- handful roughly chopped coriander
Mix the chilli sauce with the lime zest and juice, and fish sauce to make the dressing.
Arrange the lettuce in a large salad bowl. Toss all the remaining ingredients with the dressing just before you are ready to eat, to keep everything crisp and fresh, then add to the lettuce.