Member recipe by brinf002
A great dessert to serve in the summer months and for any special occasions.
- 150g Digestive Biscuits
- 50g Amaretti Biscuits
- 100g Butter, melted
- 300g Blackcurrants
- 2tbsp Blackcurrant Conserve
- 5tbsp Vanilla Sugar (or) Caster Sugar
- 300g White Chocolate
- 250g Mascarpone
- 250g Cream Cheese
- 300ml Double Cream
- You will need:
- 23cm (9in) spring-form cake tin, lightly buttered
- Put the topping ingredients into a pan and heat gently until syrupy. Leave to cool.
- Whizz the biscuits in a food processor to make fine crumbs. Mix with melted butter and then press into the base of the cake tin and smooth with a back of a spoon. Chill in the fridge.
- For the filling, melt the chocolate over a pan of barely simmering water, then leave to cool slightly. In a mixing bowl, beat together the mascarpone, cream cheese, double cream until smooth. Whisk in the chocolate until thick.
- Briefly fold half of the blackcurrant topping into the cream cheese mixture so it makes a ripple effect, but doesn't turn it purple. Spoon into the cake tin and chill in the fridge until set.
- Transfer to cake stand and spoon over the remaining blackcurrant topping allowing the juice to drizzle over the whole cheesecake.