Stir fry shredded cabbage
Member recipe by desmatheson
An easy, sweeter alternative to boring boiled cabbage. Even kids like it.
- 1 medium to large white cabbage
- 3 heaped tsp soft brown sugar
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white/red/cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegeteable oil
- Sprinkling of sesame oil (optional)
- Remove stalk from cabbage and with a large knife cut leaves into long thin strips.
- Mix sugar, soy sause and vinegar in a cup and stir till sugar dissolved.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok and when very hot add the dry shredded cabbage. Stir fry briskly for 2-3 minutes till the cabbage just turns soft.
- Add the sause and mix for a further 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with a little sesame oil and serve immediately.