Green lentils with leeks
Member recipe by thebraininjane
- 1 large leek (chopped)
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 cup of rinsed green lentils (lentils de puy are best)
- 2 cups of liquid (1/4 cup white wine, with the rest water)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon
- Cream (optional)
- Sauté the leeks in the butter until soft in a large pan.
- Add the lentils with the liquid.
- Cover and let cook for 20-30 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Season with salt & pepper, and a squeeze of lemon if you like.
- Add a dallop of cream if you're feeling decadent. This recipe goes wonderfully with salmon.