Member recipe by seafoodandeatit
A lot of attention and time needed for this one but the end product will be worth it!
- 1 pack of Seafood & Eat It Brown Crab
- 150g Prawns
- 700g White Fish
- A small handful of both Chives and Dill
- 2 Hard-boiled eggs
- 570ml milk
- 110g butter
- 50g flour
- 1 tablespoon of Capers
- 2 Bay leaves
- 900g Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Place the white fish on a tray and coat with the milk till its mostly submerged. Then add the bay leaf and butter to the fish
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cooked, reserve the fish juice for later. Break the fish up and remove any bones.
- Boil the potatoes and mash with a little milk and butter.
- Melt the 110g of butter and add the flour, stir constantly. Gradually add the reserved fish juice continuing to stir constantly.
- Add the prawns, fish, eggs and capers to the mixture.
- Butter a pie dish and add dollops of the crab meat to the bottom followed by the mixture.
- Add the mash to the top of the dish.
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes.