Pain Perdu Au Four
Member recipe by meisterstueck
- 1 old, very hard baguette (or 250 grams of other bread)
- 1/2 litre milk, warm
- 50 grams butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 80 grams caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of rum (preferably Austrian Stroh rum)
- 2 apples
- Heat oven to 180C/fan. Cut baguette into bite-sized pieces and mix in large bowl with warm milk and melted butter.
- In another bowl, mix eggs with sugar, rum and vanilla extract. Add to bread mixture.
- Peel and cut apples and add to bread mixture.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 40-45 mins. You can also put the dough into small soufflÃÂÃÂ© tins, in which case reduce baking time to 30 mins.
- Serve while still warm! Tastes great with homemade vanilla sauce.