Member recipe by chloee12
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Muffins
This recipe is gorgeous, and I'm not just saying that cause its my recipe!Its texture will melt in your mouth.
- 125g Plain flour
- 70g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 Table spoons of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 150 ml milk
- 85ml vegetable oil
- 6 muffin cases (or nine bun cases)
- 2 to 3 drops of vanilla essence
- 30g raisons
- Get all equipment and ingredients ready. Turn oven on to 200ÃÂ°C/gas mark 7
- Put 6 muffin cases (or 9 bun cases) into the muffin/bun tin
- Weigh the flour and sieve into the mixing bowl. Weigh the caster sugar and add to the flour. Measure out the baking powder and add to the flour. Weigh out the raisins and add to the flour. Mix all the dry ingredients together with a wooden spoon
- Add 150ml milk to the measuring jug. Add 85ml vegetable oil to the milk.
- Break egg into a separate bowl and check for freshness and remove any bits of shell. Add egg to milk and add a few drops of vanilla essence. Mix it all together with a fork
- Pour milk and egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together with the wooden spoon until mixture is smooth and creamy with no lumps. Pour mixture back into the measuring jug.
- Half fill each paper case with mixture, then go back and add the remaining mixture making sure each case is filled to the same height.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes (checking after 15 minutes). Muffins should be well-risen and golden in colour.