salmon (Gravadlax) spaghettini
Member recipe by neptunes10
Salmon spaghettini with a difference, rich tasty creamy sauce with a powerful yet simple taste of Gravadlax
- Gravadlax (cured Salmon)
- 1/3 of a side of salmon fillet
- 150g rock salt
- 150g Sugar
- handful of dill, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp crushed fennel seeds
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 whole lemon (zest and juice)
- 1\2 a cup of sambuca
- 500ml single cream
- Chives finely chopped
- Dill finely chopped
- 100ml fish stock
- 500g spaghettini
- If you dont want to bother making the gravadlax you can ask your fishmonger to sell you some, any good fishmonger will have gravadlax ready! If your up for doing it its very easy, just clean the fillet with cold water place it in a container skin side down, slice half the lemon and place them on the salmon. Mix the sugar,salt, dill and fennel all together and cover the salmon with the mix (make sure its completely sealed and place in the fridge for 24hrs.
- Once its ready just rinse under cold water and slice as thinly as you can.
- Add the fish stock (homemade if possible) in a sauce pan and bring to the boil add the cream, zest of half the lemon and infuse on a gentle heat for 5 minutes. Add some water with some salt to a deep sauce pan for the pasta.
- In a different pan, saute the onion dont color; add the garlic and the lemon juice, flambe with the sambuca, add the dill and cream mixture and cook until nicely thickened
- Just before serving add the salmon with the chives and mix in the pasta!