Turkey & Lime Fajita Burgers
Member recipe by emziie26
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Batches
A refreshing twist to a normal burger with all the spices of Mexico
- 400g minced turkey
- 1 lime, grated zest
- Half a small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- Half a lime, juiced
- A handful of freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Half tsp of cumin
- Half tsp of paprika
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Shredded lettuce
- Chilli and pepper mexican cheese
- 4 fajita wraps
- Sour cream to serve
- Place minced turkey in a mixing bowl and add the lime zest, onion, garlic, coriander, cumin, paprika and chilli flakes.
- Once mixed thoroughly, add the lime juice and salt and pepper and mix until all the juice has been absorbed. They will be slightly wet but this is ok.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties. You can make them any size you want so the number of patties is subjective.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan on a medium high heat. Once temperature had increased, add the burgers and cook for 5 minutes on each side until cooked all the way through. Place a slice of mexican cheese on top of the burgers whilst they are cooking so the cheese melts over the top.
- Heat the fajitas as per pack instruction. To make a pocket for the burgers, fold in half and then half again. Stuff the pocket with lettuce and add the burger when cooked. Serve with sour cream.