Chocolate Layer Dessert
Member recipe by sardiniayogi
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Glasses
A low fat, healthy(ish) layered dessert with chocolate mousse, prune puree and orange curd yoghurt
- 100g Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa Solids or more)
- 3 Egg Whites
- 2 tbsp. Caster Sugar
- ½ can prunes or 8 to 10 dried prunes soaked for a few hours to rehydrate
- 2 tbsp. Orange Curd
- 1 pot low fat Greek yoghurt or fat free natural yoghurt mixed with 2 tbsp. Philadelphia Balance or similar
- 24 Satsuma or Tangerine segments
- Whisk egg whites until stiff, add sugar and whisk until dissolved and eggs have a soft sheen to them.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over boiling water.
- Blend prunes with some apple or orange juice until it forms a smooth paste with a dropping consistency.
- Blend together orange curd and yoghurt until smooth.
- Assemble the desserts - Place 3 or 4 segments of Tangerine or Satsuma with some juice in the bottom of the glass.
- Place a layer the orange yoghurt, prune puree, chocolate mousse, orange yoghurt and finish with a layer of chocolate mousse.
- Place a 2 or 3 more Tangerine or Satsuma segments on the top for decoration.
- Place in the fridge for a least an hour before serving.