Anchovy Puff Pastry Rolls
Member recipe by iremah
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Rolls
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 55 g/2 oz anchovy fillets
- 3 ½ tbsp grated Vasterbottensost cheese
- 1 egg for glazing
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, preferably black
- Preheat the oven to 225°C/425°F/ Gas 7.
- Place 2 sheets of puff pastry so they slightly overlap lengthwise and roll out on a floured surface into one thin sheet.
- Finely chop the anchovy fillets and arrange on the puff pastry, scatter the cheese on top. Roll up lengthwise into a roll.
- Cut into centimetre/½ inch slices and arrange on a baking tray covered with oven paper. Glaze with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes or until they are golden brown.