Member recipe by jackshulton
ServingsServes 1 - 12
- 1 Breast of minced duck
- A small bunch of spring onion
- A garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp hoi sin sauce
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 12 won ton wrappers
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- soy sauce to serve
- 100g of rice
- 75g of frozen mixed vegetables
- 125 ml of water
- Equipment needed: Chopping board; Knife; 1 Large bowl; 1 saucepan; Colander; Oven proof dish; Pan and lid; Fish slice; measuring jug; 2 Serving plates.
- Carefully chop your spring onions into small pieces.
- Add minced duck, spring onions, miced garlic clove, hoi sin sauce and salt and pepper to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Put a saucepan of water on to boil. Put the rice in boiling water for 10 minutes. After 7 minutes add the frozen vegetables to the water.
- At the end of the ten minutes pour the rice and vegetables into a colander.
- Place the rice and vegetables on an oven proof dish and leave in oven on a low light to keep warm.
- Place a tsp of the dumpling mixture into the center of a won ton wrapper and brush the edge of the wrapper with water. Fold it in half and seal together. Repeat this 12 times.
- Preheat the pan with vegetable and sesame oil on a medium light.
- Place 6 dumplings in the pan and fry for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes lower the heat and pour the water around the dumplings and place the lid on the pan to steam them. When the water is gone remove the dumplings with the fish slice. Repeat this for the other 6 dumplings.
- Take the rice out the oven and serve on 2 serving plates with the dumplings.