Chocolate and Hazelnut Spread
Member recipe by eleanorormsby
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Jars
In essence this is just homemade Nutella, very indulgent and would make a superb present for any chocoholic. Makes 2 x 300ml jars.
- 200g blanched hazelnuts
- 100g milk chocolate
- 100g dark chocolate
- 397g tin of condensed milk
- 4 tbsps of vegetable oil
- Sterilise your jam jars. You want the jar to be hot when you fill them, so this when your spread is nearly done.
- Preheat your oven as 180C. Scatter the hazelnuts on an ovenproof tray. Toast the hazelnuts in the oven for 5 minutes. They should look marginally golden. Leave to cool. Whizz the hazelnuts in a food processor until they are finely ground.
- Chop your chocolate into shards so they melt quicker. In a saucepan over a low heat melt the chocolate, condensed milk and oil together. Stir together until amalgamated.
- Pour this mixture into the food processor with the hazelnuts and a pinch of salt and 6tbsps of hot water.
- Blend until it is at a spreadable consistency. Spoon the chocolate spread into the hot sterilised jars while the spread is still hot. Leave to cool with the lids off and then seal. Decorate the jars with a label with a use by date etcÃ¢ÂÂ¦
- These yummy jars of scrumptiousness can be kept in the fridge for up to a month.