- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 175g/6oz each), cubed
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- small piece fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, plus a few sprigs to garnish
- 1 green chilli, seeded and roughly chopped
Part of the capsicum family, chillies come in scores of varieties and colours (from green…
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- sweet chilli sauce, lime wedges, shredded spring onion and red chilli, to serve
Toss the chicken, garlic, ginger, onion, coriander and chilli into a food processor and season well. Blitz until the chicken is finely ground and everything is well mixed. Use your hands to shape six small cakes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the cakes over a medium heat for about 6-8 minutes, turning once. Serve hot, with sweet chilli sauce, lime wedges, coriander, shredded spring onion and red chilli.
With saladServe with a green salad made of Chinese leaves, mizuna, watercress and rocket.