- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 175g), cubed
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- small piece fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, plus a few sprigs to garnish
- 1 green chilli, seeded and roughly chopped
Part of the capsicum family, chillies come in scores of varieties and colours (from green…
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- sweet chilli sauce, lime wedges, shredded spring onion and red chilli, to serve
Toss the chicken, garlic, ginger, onion, coriander and chilli into a food processor and season well. Blitz until the chicken is finely ground and everything is well mixed. Use your hands to shape six small cakes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the cakes over a medium heat for about 6-8 mins, turning once. Serve hot, with sweet chilli sauce, lime wedges, coriander, shredded spring onion and red chilli.
BBC Good Food Show WinterSee James Martin cooking live at the BBC Good Food Show Winter. Save 20% on tickets quote RECIPE
With saladServe with a green salad made of Chinese leaves, mizuna, watercress and rocket.