- 900ml chicken or vegetable stock (or Miso soup mix)
Chicken's many plus points - its versatility, as well as the ease and speed with which it…
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, about 175g/6oz
- 1 tsp chopped fresh root ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 50g rice or wheat noodles
Rice is a grain, the seed of a type of grass, which is the most widely grown and the most…
- 2 tbsp sweetcorn, canned or frozen
Also known as corn on the cob, sweetcorn is composed of rows of tightly packed golden yellow…
- 2-3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
The mushroom is a fungus which comes in a wide range of varieties that belong to two distinct…
- 2 spring onions, shredded
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 2 tsp soy sauce, plus extra for serving
An Asian condiment and ingredient that comes in a variety of of varieties ranging from light to…
- mint or basil leaves and a little shredded chilli (optional), to serve
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, partly cover and simmer for 20 mins, until the chicken is tender.
Remove the chicken to a board and shred into bite-size pieces using a couple of forks.
Return the chicken to the stock with 50g rice or wheat noodles, 2 tbsp sweetcorn, 2-3 thinly sliced mushrooms, 1 shredded spring onion and 2 tsp soy sauce.
Simmer for 3-4 mins until the noodles are tender.
Ladle into two bowls and scatter over the remaining shredded spring onion, mint or basil leaves and shredded chilli if using. Serve with extra soy sauce for sprinkling.
Use a soup makerSave time and effort by placing all your ingredients in a soup maker and whizzing up a delicious soup in no time. Read our review on some of the best soup makers available.
Make it vegetarianReplace the chicken with 175g/6oz firm tofu cut into cubes, simmer for 5 mins, then add the other ingredients as before.