Chicken & Mushroom Paella
Member recipe by wayne_p
A Quick And Simple Meal which is all cooked in one pan. This is really filling.
- 3 Chicken Brest Chopped into equal sized cubes
- 5 mushrooms chopped int equal sized cubes
- 1/2 a red onion finely chopped
- 3 cups of Paella Rice
- 6 cups of stock (Vegetable or Chicken)
- Bouquet Garni
- Chop the re onion
- Chop the Mushroom
- Chop the chicken
- Place a large NON STICK pan with a lid on the hob on a mid heat and cook the onions still soft then add the mushroom and cook till mushroom turn soft place the chopped chicken in and cook till almost cooked, while that's cooked prepare the stock (6 cups of stock to 3 cups of rice)
- Add the paella rice to the pan and stir while adding the stock. (I like to add a splash of milk to make light and fluffy) stir until any stuck residue has left the bottom of the pan then allow to simmer then turn the heat to low then place the lid on and leave to cook (the rice absorption differs so check it so it does not dry out and stir while checking it) it can take from 20 to 40 minutes to cook. once cook plate it up and eat!! or use a mold to fancy it up
- This is a great idea for hot buffet. Just remember 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of stock. you can increase the number of of rice to stock to serve as many guest you want, for the chicken I use 1 breast per person but you can get away with 1 large for two people.