Vietnamese Pho Bo
Member recipe by roobarb100
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 litres salt-reduced chicken or beef stock
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2cm fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 1 star anise
- 4 handfuls bean sprouts, washed
- 250g fillet steak, thinly sliced
- Large bunch Vietnamese mint or half-bunch local mint
- 2 limes, quartered
- Place onions, stock, fish sauce, ginger and star anise in a large pan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place bean sprouts and beef into serving bowls and pour over hot stock.
- Serve topped with coriander and Vietnamese mint, with extra sprouts, herbs and lime wedges on the side.