Cauliflower with Saffron
Member recipe by roobarb100
- Olive oil
- 1 medium spanish onion, finely sliced
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 medium cauliflower cut into florets
- 40 tips saffron in 2 tbsp hot water
- chicken stock with water
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 3 tbsp raisins soaked in warm water for 5 minutes to soften
- Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add the sliced onion with a little sea salt and fry for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the cauliflower together with the saffron and stock or water to each about half way up the cauliflower.
- Leave the cauliflower for about 5 minutes to cook and allow the juices to reduce down.
- When the juices are low, add the pine nuts and raisins with pepper to taste.