beef and spinach cannelloni
Member recipe by sweetunique
Cannelloni pasta is a welcome change/addition to my pasta loving family.
- 1/2 kilo ground beef
- 10 cannelloni shells
- 1 bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 large bell pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated jack monterey cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 1/2 cup chopped ham (optional)
- 3/4 cup fresh milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4 tbsps flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- Saute beef in garlic, tomato and onion in oil and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add ham. Cook until meat is tender. Set aside. Let cool for ten minutes.
- Once cool, mix in egg and flour. Stuff uncooked cannelloni with beef mixture. Set aside.
- Using the pan used for the beef mixture, pour in tomato sauce and milk. Simmer for five minutes.
- In a greased pyrex dish, layer the spinach, pour about 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce mixture. Lay down cannellonis giving a 1/4 inch-space in between each piece. Add a final layer of spinage, Pour over the rest of the tomato sauce mixture. Top with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven (160 c) for an hour.
- Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with your favorite toast or side salad.