Thai-style crispy belly pork
Member recipe by dustymiller1
- 300g Belly Pork, skin scored*
- * Roasting the pork will make the skin nice and crispy
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & crushed**
- 2 cm piece of ginger, peeled and diced**
- 1 onion, medium/large, diced**
- 1 leek, small in size, sliced lengthways**
- ** or add to taste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- Bean sprouts
- Preheat oven to 180C/gas 4
- Take the belly pork and score the skin right through to the flesh. Score every half inch approx. Scoring through to the flesh will help later when dicing the meat.
- Place the pork into a non-stick roasting tray, cover the skin in ground course salt. Place into oven for approx. 1 hour or until skin is golden and crispy. Chop into half inch chunks.
- While pork is cooking, crush garlic, thinly chop ginger, dice onion, slice leek, and prepare bean sprouts for cooking in wok.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in wok add garlic, ginger, onion, leek and bean sprouts and cook until piping hot.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain noodles thoroughly and add to the ingredients in wok along with the crispy chopped pork. Remove from heat, as noodles and pork should still be hot.
- Once removed from heat add soy sauce and honey. Toss well and serve.
- Drizzle remaining sauce from wok over food.
- Try using a Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce to add a little kick to dish