Smoked Fish Risotto
Member recipe by latitude3655
- 2oz butter
- 1 medium onion
- 9oz Arborio rice (or half of a 500g pack)
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- 2 fl oz milk
- 12 ounces smoked fish
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to season
- Melt the butter into a large pan.
- Finely dice the onion and fry in the butter for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the rice and stir into the butter and rice.
- Add enough stock to just cover the rice and onion and simmer under a low light slowly adding the stock when necessary until 1/2 pint remains to be used.
- Meanwhile, place the fish and milk into an ovenproof dish, cover with clingfilm, pierce and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, place the fish onto a plate and flake into large pieces (removing any bones/skin).
- Add the flaked fish to the rice and the remaining 1/2 pint of stock and stir together.
- In a seperate saucepan, simmer the peas until cooked and then add to the rice and stir together.
- Simmer the risotto until the stock has been absorbed and a creamy texture achieved.