New York Cheesecake
Member recipe by thomasdykes124
- Sunflower Oil for brushing,
- 85g/3oz unsalted butter,
- 200g/7oz digestive biscuits crushed,
- 450g/1 lb full-fat cream cheese,
- 100g/3 + 1/2 oz caster sugar,
- 2 large eggs,
- 1 large egg yolk,
- 100ml/3 + 1/2 fl oz soured cream,
- 1 + 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- For the Topping:
- 400ml/14 fl oz soured cream
- 55g/2oz caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2. Brush a 20cm/8inch springform cake pan with oil. Melt the butter in a sauce pan over a low heat. Stir in the crushed biscuits and press evenly into cake tin. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned, then remove and set aside to cool.
- Place the cream cheese into a large bowl and beat until smooth. Add the sugar and beat for 1 minute. Add the eggs and egg yolk and beat until well combined. Add the soured cream and vanilla essence and stir until smooth. Pour the mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes remove from the oven and place on a wire rack (still in the tin). Increase the oven temperature to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- To make the topping, mix together the cream and sugar, and spread over the top of the cheesecake, Place in the oven for 5-7 minutes. Turn the oven off but leave the cheesecake in for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan 30 minutes before serving but chill until ready to serve.