Butternut Squash Soup
Member recipe by dakin_emma
A creamy Thai style soup with a bit of a kick, great for lunch time or starters!
- 1 Large Onion
- 2-3 Large Garlic Cloves
- 1 Large Red Chilli (De-seeded)
- Knob of butter
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Coriander Seed
- 2 Butternut Squash
- 2 Cans Coconut Milk
- 1 knorr vegetable stock cube
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, Chop the butternut squash in half and place cut side up on a roasting tin. Roast until soft, around 40 minutes.
- mean while, chop onions, chilli, garlic and soften in a pan with a knob of butter. When soft add coriander seed.
- When butternut squash is cooked peel off the skin and chop into cubes.
- Add all ingredients, including coconut milk into a blender.
- Blend until soup consistency, you may want to make up 1/2 a pint of vegetable stock to thin the soup out.