fish pie a la jamie
Member recipe by SueChef1
low fat, delicious fish and veg pie without even a mention of sauce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper & olive oil
- 0.5 kg potatoes
- few pieces frozen, or one small butternut squash
- 1 sticks of celery
- 75g good Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lemon or lemon juice
- 1 courgette
- 2 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 200g monk fish tail - cut in largish bite-size chunks
- 175g tilapia or other white fish - cut as above
- half a dozen button mushrooms, chopped in two
- a couple of tbsp frozen peas
- 2 or three ripe tomatoes, sliced horizontally
- Preheat oven 200C / 400F / gas mark 6. Put large pan of salted water onto boil and while that's happening...
- ...peel spuds and cut into chunks about size of your thumb. Boil approx 12-15mins til mashable. Meanwhile lightly grease a baking dish and.....
- ...grate butternut squash, courgette, celery, zest from lemon; add these, plus the tomatoes, mushrooms and peas and chopped parsley to the baking dish.
- Add the fish chunks on top; sprinkle the lemon juice on that, season, and liberally drizzle olive oil over all the whole lot.
- Mash the cooked potatoes, spread over all the other ingredients in the baking dish and pop into oven for about 40mins until the potato is golden and crispy. Serve immediately - you don't even need any additional veg but something green on the side won't go amiss