Tagliatelle in Tomato Sauce
Member recipe by rraacchhaaeell
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Portions
- The Pasta:
- 80g tagliatelle
- The Sauce:
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1tbsp olive oil
- half a medium onion, finely diced
- 1 crushed clove of garlic (optional)
- 10 closed-cup mushrooms, peeled and cut in half (optional)
- 200g (1 tin) chopped tomatoes
- half a red pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- Fill half a saucepan with cold water and bring to the boil before adding your pasta. The pasta will take 5-20 mins depending on if you used dried or fresh pasta. To check the pasta is done, use a fork to taste a small piece. if it is still hard, cook it for a few more minutes. Stir occasionally.
- While the pasta is cooking you can start the sauce. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently saute the onions and garlic- Do NOT let them go brown.
- When the onions and garlic is done, put it into another saucepan with the tomato puree and chopped tomato. Mix together before adding the red pepper and mushroom.
- Let the sauce simmer gently for 10 mins before adding the salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is fully cooked and the sauce is done, serve on a plate or in a large dish with the sauce poured over the top or mixed in witht he pasta. You can also serve it with garlic bread or dough balls.