Savoury marrow bake
Member recipe by tdgreenhalgh
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 eggs
- 125ml olive or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 450g grated marrow, squeezed dry
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano and basil. Beat together the eggs, oil and onion; fold into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in marrow.
- Turn into a greased 20x30cm baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cut into squares.