Smashed roast new potatoes
Member recipe by katenchris
- 1 head of garlic
- 1kg new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 50g butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Grated pecorino (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200ÃÂ°C/gas mark 6.
- Put the head of garlic on to a piece of foil and roast in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, until soft.
- Meanwhile, scrub the potatoes and put them into a saucepan. Pour over boiling water, add salt and cook them for 15 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Drain the potatoes and crush them roughly.
- Squeeze out the soft garlic from the cloves and add it to the melted butter with the finely chopped rosemary.
- Toss the crushed potatoes in the garlic butter mixture and season well. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and roast until golden brown and crisp on the top. Scatter a layer of freshly grated pecorino (if using) over the top before serving.