Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream
Member recipe by lizziemonizzie
ServingsServes 1 - 5 Glasses
It's worth the effort. If you dont have a ice cream maker, freze the custard for 2hrs, blend with an electric blender and re-freeze
- 300ml milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 15g sweet freedom naturall sweetner
- 4 egg yolks
- 300ml natural yogurt
- 150g raspberries
- Pour the milk into the pan, split the vanilla pod lenghtways and scrape the seeds into the milk. Add the pods and heat the milk until hot, but not boiling. Take off the heat and leave for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, whisk toegether 100g sweetner and the egg yolks. Bring the milk up to boil and pour into the egg yolks, whisk continuously.
- Return to the pan and cook, stirring continuously, until the custard thickens slighty. Dont allow the custard to boil as it will curdle. Sieve in to a clean jug and stir in the yogurt.
- Cover the surface with baking parchment and leave to cool, then chill until required, preferably overnight.
- Blend toegether the raspberries and remaining sweetner in a food processor,then sieve to remove the seeds. Pour the chilled custard into a ice cream maker and churn until it is thick and creamy.
- Spoon a layer of freezerproof container, then drizzle with somerasberry puree. Repeat with remaining ice cream and puree, then freeze until required.
- transfer the ice cream to the fridge a little while before serving to allow it to soften slightly.