- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small avocado, chopped
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- bunch spring onions, chopped
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- small bunch mint, chopped
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- 150ml pot fat-free natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- few shakes green Tabasco sauce
- snipped chives, to serve
In a food processor or blender, blitz all the ingredients, reserving half the mint and yogurt, until smooth. Add a little extra vinegar, Tabasco and seasoning to taste, then add a splash of water if you like it thinner.
Chill until very cold, then serve with a dollop more yogurt, mint, chives and a few ice cubes if you like. The soup will keep in the fridge for 2 days – just give it a good stir before serving.