Healthy Oats and Til Bar
Member recipe by nupurk23
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Bars
Sesame and Oats bar, very easy to prepare and serves a perfect healthy snack.
- 2 CUPS GRATEd JAGGERY (Gur)
- 1 CUP PUFFED RICE ( Murmura )
- 1/4 CUP SESAME SEEDS (til)
- 1/4 CUP PEANUTS
- 1/2 CUP QUICK ROLLED OATS
- 1 TSP CARDEMOM POWDER
- GHEE FOR GREASING THALI
- 1 tsp ghee
- Melt 1/2 tsp ghee on a griddle and roast Sesame seeds till brown on a low flame. Note that they should not burn black. Keep aside
- Roast rolled oats and peanuts separately. ( you can use little ghee here, I just roasted them plain dry)
- Make a syrup of jaggery, 1/2 tsp of ghee and a little water ( just to make it thick consistency syrup )
- Mix all the roasted ingredients, puffed rice and cardamom powder to this jaggery syrup and stir well till mixed.
- Pour the mixture in a greased thali and spread evenly. Let the misture cool down for 5 min.
- Cut into squares.. Store in an airtight container. Njoy !!