Member recipe by vickyram
Deliciously cheesecake with blueberries on top. Is so moist and delicious texture!
- 200g (7oz) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 75g (3oz) butter, melted
- 500g (1lb 2oz) medium-fat soft cheese
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 300ml (1/2pt) soured cream
- 40ml (11/2tbsp) cornflour
- For the blueberry topping:
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- 100g (4oz) blueberries
- 5ml (1tsp) arrowroot
- Preheat the oven to 160C, 300F or gas 2. Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter, and press into the base of a lightly greased 20cm (8in) spring-form cake tin. Chill in the fridge while making the filling.
- Beat the soft cheese and sugar together, then beat in the eggs and lemon juice. Fold in the soured cream and cornflour. Pour over the biscuit base.
- Bake for 1.5 hrs until the filling is just set. Turn off the heat and leave the cheesecake in the oven until cold.
- To make the topping: place 150ml (1/4pt) water in a pan with the sugar. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved, then add the blueberries and simmer for 5-6 mins. Blend the arrowroot with 15ml (1tbsp) water and stir into the pan. Cook for a further minute, stirring until just thickened. Leave to cool.
- Spoon the blueberries and sauce over the cheesecake just before you're ready to serve.