Pesto Chicken Pasta
Member recipe by kutekitty777
- 250g Dried Pasta- use which shape you want, i like Tagliatelle
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 400g Sliced Chicken Breast OR Thigh Fillets
- 100g Of Whatever Bacon you have in your frige, parma, streaky back etc are all fine, chopped into quite small pieces
- 2-3 Good Dollops of Creme Fraiche
- Half a Jar of Good Green Pesto
- Parmesan Shavings and Chopped Fresh Parsley to serve
- Cook the pasta according to the packet intructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes until well-browned. Add the bacon ( i suppose you could add some sliced mushrooms or something here aswell, or use all mushrooms if cooking this for veggies) and fry until starting to crisp.
- Take the pan of the heat, then stir in the creme fraiche. Return the pan to the heat and stir in the pesto. Simmer for another 1-2 minutes until the chicken is properly cooked through. Season to taste.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta well and add it to the pan. Mix well so the sauce coats the pasta.
- Decant into a big bowl and scatter over parsley and parmesan cheese. Serve!