Cold Meat Pizza
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
- *** You can buy 200g ready-made pizza dough or make your own ***
- 45ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 200ml red wine
- 100g salami
- 100g ham
- 200g mozzarella, sliced in circles
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220C. Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onions and garlic till light brown.
- Add the wine and tomatoes to the pan. Lower the heat and kook slowly for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough out onto a table sprinkled with flour until about 1cm thick. Place on a baking tray that is smeared out with butter.
- Take the tomato sauce of the heat and spread it across the pizza base. Place salami and ham on top and add the mozzarella slices last. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden-brown. Serve warm with basil or rocket leaves.