Chocolate fudge brownies
Member recipe by maever
ServingsServes 1 - 25 Squares
My favorite recipe. Great for parties or dessert. Delicious when just baked.
- For brownies
- 12oz/340g Stork margarine
- 12oz/340g Caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 10oz/283g Self-Raising flour
- 2oz/56g Cocoa powder or drinking chocolate( i prefer using drinking chocolate, not as rich)
- Chocolate fudge icing
- 3oz/75g Stork margarine
- 1 heaped tablespoon of coca or drinking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 10z/275g icing sugar, sieved
- For the brownies: Pre-heat oven to Gas mark4, electric 360 F , 180 C and grease and grease a 20cm/8in square baking tin with butter , then line with baking paper.
- Place all the brownie ingredients in a mixing bowel/ electric mixer and beat until well mixed. (2-3 minutes)
- Place the mixture in the prepared tins and smooth the top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Test then turn out, remove paper linings and cool on a wire tray.
- For the chocolate fudge icing: Place the stork margarine in a bowl over hot water and wait until melted.
- Add the icing sugar and coca powder/drinking chocolate bit by bit. If the mixture gets too difficult to mix add in some milk.
- Beat the mixture until smooth.Remove from the heat and leave until cooled. Beat until thick enough to spead.
- Place the brownies on a wire tray over a board and pour the chocolate fudge icing over it. Spread around the top until covered. Then start cutting!