Kitchen Front Ginger Cake
Member recipe by pmlambrou
- 300g margarine, plus extra for tin
- 400g golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 130 plain flour
- 225g sr flour
- 1 rounded tsp ground ginger
- 1 rounded tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 110g soft dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Heat oven to 150c (130c). Grease and line a 26cm cake tin.
- Gently melt the margarine and syrup in a pan.
- Beat egg. Place flours, ginger, cinnamon, salt and sugar into a food mixer at low speed. With mixer running pour in the margarine and syrup, then add the egg.
- Dissolve bicarb in 175ml warm water, then pour into the bowl with mixer running. Spoon mix into the tin smooth over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour then test by inserting a cocktail stick into the middle. It should come out clean. If not bake for a further 5 mins and test again. Turn and cool on a rack