Chicken Noodle Soup
Member recipe by anna_or
- 1 whole chicken thigh
- 1 large carrot sliced thickly
- ½ parsnip cut in 4
- Small onion cut in half widthways and sealed
- 1.5l boiling water
- Bunch of lovage tied with a string (about 3 stems with leaves, can be substituted with celery)
- Noodles or small cut pasta
- Salt to taste
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Rinse the thigh well, place in a pot and pour 1.5l of boiling water and bring to boil.
- Once boiling add the carrot, the parsnip, salt and the lovage and continue to boil for 40 minutes.
- To seal the onion heat a frying pan dry (no oil or butter) and place the onion cut side down. Press the onion down and leave on the heat till turns dark brown.
- After the soup boiled for 40 minutes, add the onion and boil for another 20 minutes.
- Once finished boiling remove the onion, the parsnip and the bunch of lovage. Take the thigh out and peel the meat off the bone. Place the meat in 2 bowls with noodles and pour the stock over including the carrots, garnish with chopped parley and sprinkle with pepper.