Hearty Butternut Soup
Member recipe by laura_abbott01
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1tsp oil
- 800g peeled & chopped Butternut Squash
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 1sp chilli flakes
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 50g dried red lentils cooked according to pack and drained
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Put the oil in a large saucepan or casserole dish and fry off the onion and garlic.
- Add the chopped butternut squash and vegetable stock. Season with the chilli flakes and bring to the boil.
- Simmer the pan for 20 minutes until the butternut is tender.
- Once cooked, blend the soup to a smooth consistency in a food processor.
- Once back in the pan, add the chickpeas and lentils and warm through. Taste the soup to season and add salt and pepper as required.