Simple Veggie Curry
Member recipe by siu07vs
A quick, nutritious and delicious curry dish with chickpeas, potatoes and spinach.
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (peeled & chopped)
- 2cm Root Ginger (peeled & grated)
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1/2tbsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 300g Boiled Potatoes (quatered)
- 400g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g Tinned Chickpeas
- 100g Baby Spinach Leaves
- 150ml Water
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently cook the onion, garlic and ginger until softened but not coloured.
- Stir in the garam masala and flaked chilli and continue to cook for 2 minutes before adding the potatoes, chickpeas, tomatoes and water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the spinach until it has wilted and season to taste.
- Good with raita and naan bread.