Member recipe by ravi311
- Chicken 700g (cut into pieces with bone)
- Coriander powder 4 tablespoon
- Chilly powder 1 tablespoon
- Fennel powder 2 teaspoon
- Shallots 10 pcs (diced thinly)
- Garlic 1.5 bulbs (peeled and crushed roughly. Crush only to break garlic but retain the juices)
- Ginger 1 cm (peeled and pressed)
- Cloves 5 pcs
- Cinnamon stick 1cm
- Almonds 7 pcs (skin removed and pound into coarse paste)
- Apple (red) 50g (cut into small cubes)
- Coconut cream 1 cup
- Olive oil 5 tablespoon
- Water 2-3 cups
- Clean chicken and marinate with coriander powder, fennel powder, chilly powder, half the shallots, ginger and half the garlic. Add salt. Allow to sit for 60-90 minutes.
- Heat oil, add cloves, cinnamon stick and stir. Shortly after, add shallots and stir till shallot becomes mildly brown. Add remaining garlic and stir.
- Add marinated chicken and water. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Then add almond and apple. Stir well. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, simmer until the mixture becomes thick. Do not overheat.
- Serve with rice.