Lemon & Lime Cheesecake
Member recipe by thesupersam
A delicious and simple cheesecake with a coconut base that doesn't need baking, and is gluten free as well!
- 200g gluten free coconut biscuits (can be bought from Morrisons)
- 55g butter
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 175ml condensed milk
- 1 lemon
- 2 limes
- fresh fruit or chocolate shavings, to decorate
- Put all the biscuits into a strong plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until they look like fine breadcrumbs. Tip into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and pour over the biscuit crumbs. Mix well and press into a 20cm loose-bottomed tin. Leave in the fridge to set for at least an hour.
- Put the mascarpone and condensed milk into a large bowl. Carefully grate the lemon and limes and and add the zest, then squeeze in the juice as well.
- Beat everything together until it is smooth and thick, then spread it over the biscuit base and chill in the fridge for at least another hour.
- Decorate the top with fresh fruit or make chocolate shavings by scraping a bar of chocolate with a vegetable peeler.