Quick treackle sponge.
Member recipe by lollypop_layla
A lovely light quick and easy treackle sponge for all those people who can't be bothered to take an age making pudding.
- 100g flour
- 100g butter/margarine
- 100g sugar (caster sugar would be better but it dosen't make much difference)
- 1 egg
- 200ml golden syrup
- Cream/mix (depending on how much time you have to spend) the butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix flour and egg into mixture untill there are virtually no lumps (this works best with an electric whisk).
- Pour golden syrup into bottom of microwave-able dish the dish should be roughly 7" in diameter.
- Carefully spoon the mixture over the golden syrup, be sure to cover all of the golden syrup.
- Cover with clingfilm and stab a few times with a fork and put in the microwave for around six and a half mins.