Baked Spanish Risotto
Member recipe by kesirra
Very creamy risotto without the hassle of constant stirring. Great for a spanish tapas menu.
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g risotto rice
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 200g chorizo, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 litre hot chicken stock
- pinch of saffron strands
- 8 large, raw prawns
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7. Place the cherry tomatoes in a roasting tin and sprinkle over the red onion, garlic and olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are softened.
- Stir in the rice, chicken, chorizo, rosemary, chicken stock, saffron and some salt and pepper, mixing well together. Return to the over for a further 20 minutes.
- Stir in the prawns and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.