Member recipe by tonytrigg
- 4 tsps oil
- some mustard seeds
- 1 onion chopped
- a couple of chilles chopped
- a handful of chopped ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- garam masala
- turmeric powder
- pinch of salt
- 5 fresh tomtoes chopped
- about 6 little potatoes, boiled and quartered
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and the onions and fry until browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger fry for about 15 minutes or until brown on a medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes and chillies and continue to fry 2-3 minutes
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, and garam masala. stir for about 1-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, Fry for about 2 minutes until the potatoes are smothered in the mixture and have crispy edges. They will look quite yellow in colour if you have done it right. add a very little water 2 tsps. so it doesn't stick.
- Cover the pan and on a low heat, cook the potatoes for a further 5 - 7 minutes. When cooked serve with rice or as a side dish .......