Member recipe by suzannebianchi
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 pack cooked king prawns
- 3/4cm of chorizo sausage (from deli), cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 peppers (any colours), sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 150g rice
- 300ml of hot water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp on Olive Oil
- 1 pepper (any colour), diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of gruound coriander
- Optional - birds eye chilli pepper/s or cayenne pepper (ajust amount to your taste)
- To make the sauce, put a small pan on a meduim heat. Add the onion, garlic and pepper and cook for a few minutes. Then add the cumin, coriander and chilli or cayenne if you like it spicy. Cook for a further few minutes and then add the tomotoes and salt. Reduce heat and allow cooked gently.
- Heat the olive oil in larger pan on a medium heat. Add the chorizo and seal the chicken. Then stir in the onion, peppers and mushrooms. Allow to cook for a few minutes. Take the sauce off the heat and add the main mixture with the rice, stock cube and hot water. Turn up to a higher heat and allow to cook until the rice is ready (usually about 20 mintues). You may need to add additional water to avoid the mixture drying out.
- When it is ready stir in the pre-cooked prawns. These take a minute or so to heat through, then serve.