Member recipe by jordangenevieve
- 4 small mullets, cleaned and sliced open
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 4 rashers streaky bacon
- 60ml chermoula
- Open the mullets out on a work surface and season well.
- Stuff the orange slices into the openings of each mullet.
- Close the mullets and wrap the bacon rashers tightly around them to enclose the filling.
- Heat a frying-pan to medium and pan-fry the mullets, turning until they are cooked through and the bacon is crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the mullets hot, with chermoula on the side.
- Tip: This recipe also works well with large sardines. View the chermoula recipe seperately.