Pistachio Creme Brulee
Member recipe by kippakate1
Delicious combination of ground pistachios infused with subtle flowery undertones.
- 1/3 cup unsalted pistachio nuts, blanched and peeled
- 1 tsb rose water
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 500ml double cream
- 3 tbs raw sugar
- Blanch and peel unsalted pistachio nuts. Add 1 tablespoon of rosewater and grind in a mortar and pestle to a paste.
- Separate 5 egg yolks and blend with a third of a cup of sugar, stir until blended.
- Pour double cream into a saucepan, add the pistachio paste and simmer over a medium heat for five minutes. You can add a little more rosewater to taste, factoring in the additional sweetness of the sugar. Strain.
- add the cream to the eggs and sugar slowly, gently stirring it in.
- pour the mixture into four ramekins, filling to just below the rim
- Put the ramekins in a roasting tray with enough warm water to reach half way up the ramekins. Put in a 170c oven for about forty minutes. It's best to keep an eye on it, the edges should be firm with a bit of wobble left in the middle.
- refrigerate for at least a few hours. One of the advantages of this dish is that you can make it the day before and bring it out of the fridge at the last minute
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over each ramekin and level it evenly. Ignite the blowtorch and work it over until golden brown.