After Eight Mint Ice Cream
Member recipe by algrenfell
- 115gms (or 4oz) of After Eight Mints (Broken)
- 6 Eggs
- 115 gms (or 4oz) of Castor Sugar
- 426ml (or ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¾ pt) of double cream
- Extra mints for decoration
- Melt the after eight mints
- Separate the eggs and whisk the whites until stiff but not dry and add the sugar gradually, whisking all the time.
- Whip the cream until it holds in soft peaks
- Combine egg yolks and melted chocolate and whisk in the cream
- Finally fold in the egg whites and sugar mixture lightly but thoroughly
- Pour into a tin with greaseproof paper on the bottom. This should be an 8 inch tin and
- Freeze overnight
- Turn out on a plate to serve - a round bladed knife and a hot cloth round the edge of the tin often helps.
- Decorate with remaining after eights around the edge and grated chocolate on the top immediately prior to serving.