Member recipe by gailwright
When my children were young, they hated vegetables, but loved this recipe! It was one way to get them to eat their veggies!
- 250g packet of Penne Pasta
- 3 Carrots
- 3 Celery Sticks
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 15 Button Mushrooms
- Chop all your vegetables using a blender, (chop, do not mush them)
- Add a little vegetable oil to a saucepan, and fry vegetables until tender.
- Season with one vegetable stock cube, and a little salt and pepper.
- Now add 1 can 420g of Tomato puree, and half the same can of water. Check your seasoning again and add a little sugar to taste.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, until it thickens a little.
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, add 2 tsp salt, and a small drizzle of oil. Now add pasta and cook until just tender. Do not overcook. Drain well.
- Pour sauce over pasta, and serve with a green Salad